Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is the biggest student association in Europe. It was born on the 16th October 1989 and legally registered in 1990 for supporting and developing student exchange.
We are present in more than 1000 Higher Education Institutions (check the list of our sections). The network is constantly developing and expanding. We have around 15,000 active members that are in many sections supported by so-called buddies mainly taking care of international students. Thus, ESN involves around 40,000 young people offering its services to around 350,000 international students every year.
In synthesis, ESN:
- works in the interest of international students,
- works to improve the social and practical integration of international students,
- represents the needs and rights of international students on the local, national, and international level,
- provides relevant information about mobility programmes,
- motivates students to study abroad,
- works with the reintegration of homecoming students,
- contributes to the improvement and accessibility of student mobility,
- cares about its members,
- values volunteering and active citizenship.